|RWJ Hamilton at a Glance
RWJ Hamilton provides a network of comprehensive healthcare services which includes hospital care, prevention and wellness, primary and specialty medical services and diagnostic & treatment services in the community.
Who We Are
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton, an acute care hospital;
- Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey Hamilton, a cancer center on the hospital's campus;
- Affiliated medical groups offering family/internal medicine and specialty care in obstetrics and gynecology, oncology and vascular surgery;
- Lakeview Child Centers in six locations;
- RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center, home to a medically-based fitness center, conference center and community education program; and
- RWJ Hamilton Foundation, which receives philanthropic gifts to support RWJ Hamilton initiatives.
RWJ Hamilton is affiliated with:
The People We Help
Our patients come from a six-county area (population 650,000), including: Mercer, Bucks, Burlington, Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean.
- More than 200,000 patients treated annually
- Approximately 15,000 admissions annually
- More than 80,000 outpatient visits annually
- One of the busiest emergency departments in the region, with 50,000 visits annually
- More than 120,000 encounters with our community through classes, screenings and health fairs annually
- Located in Hamilton Township, New Jersey, on a 67-acre campus adjacent to Hamilton's beautiful Veterans Park
- 287 licensed inpatient beds
- 400+ active physicians on the medical staff
- 1,500 hospital employees share RWJ Hamilton’s passion for “Excellence Through Service & Quality
Honors and Accreditation
- The first of two New Jersey hospitals to receive the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award, the only honor for quality and performance excellence presented by the President of the United States
- Full accreditation and outstanding survey results from the Joint Commission.
- Specialty accreditation by the Joint Commission in knee and hip replacement, stroke and diabetes.
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
A REMARKABLE FIRST
The first of two
New Jersey hospitals
to receive the nation's
highest award for quality:
the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.