RWJ Hamilton at a Glance
RWJ Hamilton provides a network of comprehensive healthcare services which includes hospital care, prevention and wellness, primary and specialty medical services and diagnostic & treatment services in the community.
Who We Are
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton, an acute care hospital;
- RWJ Hamilton Cancer Center, an affiliate of Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
- Affiliated physician practices offering primary care as well as specialty care in gynecology, oncology and vascular surgery;
- Outpatient centers in Columbus, Ewing, Hamilton and Lawrenceville;
- Lakeview Child Centers in Mercer County;
- RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center, home to a medically-based fitness center, conference center and community education program; and
- RWJ Hamilton Foundation, which receives philanthropic gifts to support hospital healthcare initiatives.
RWJ Hamilton is affiliated with:
- RWJBarnabas Health, with 11 acute care care hospitals, 3 children's hospitals, pediatric rehabilitation hospitals and outpatient centers, physician practices and medical groups, outpatient centers, and a behavioral health network.
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey (CINJ),
the state’s only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer
center. The Cancer Institute of New Jersey Hamilton provides local
access to leading academic physicians and research initiatives.
- Located in Hamilton Township, New Jersey, on a 67-acre campus adjacent to the sprawling Veterans Park
- 287 licensed inpatient beds
- 600+ physicians on staff
- 1,360 hospital employees share RWJ Hamilton’s passion for “Excellence Through Service & Quality
Honors and Accreditation
- The first of two New Jersey hospitals to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, for quality and performance excellence presented by the President of the United States
- Full accreditation and outstanding survey results from the Joint Commission
- Specialty certification by the Joint Commission in stroke, outpatient diabetes, spine surgery and hip/knee replacement
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
The People We Help
Our patients come from a six-county area (population 650,000), including: Mercer, Bucks, Burlington, Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean.
- Approximately 9,000 admissions annually
- 99,000 outpatient visits annually
- One of the busiest emergency departments in the region, with 49,000 visits annually
- 44% of patients are insured by Medicare or Medicaid
- 8% of patients are uninsured. Uninsured patients use the community clinic for a medical home with 2,500 visits annually